From The OC creator Josh Schwartz, takes you in the gated communities of Orange County and into the scandalous lives of Beverly Hills.
Welcome to The A-List, a wickedly funny and risquT paperback original series that takes readers behind the scenes of the intoxicating world of Hollywood glitterati. Seventeen-year-old Upper East Side blueblood Anna ("pronounced Aaaanah") Percy is on her way to Beverly Hills, California, where she'll live with her estranged dad for the rest of the school year while her mother travels to Europe with a friend. On the plane, Anna drinks too much champagne and gets hit on by record producer Rick Resnick. Luckily Princeton student Ben Birnbaum is there to save her and he invites Anna to famous actor Jackson Sharpe's wedding, where Anna meets the cast of rich and famous characters who are soon to be her classmates at Beverly Hills High. The fast times of Beverly Hill's most beautiful and glamorous people drive the page-turning action of this juicy new season.
The A-List follows Anna Percy, who has been raised on New York City's Upper East Side. She has grown up living a preppy, private school life, and was raised with 'rules', which she refers to as the 'This is How We Do Things Big Book, East Coast WASP Edition', though not a real book.
| valign="top" style="width:50%;" |
- What You Got (feat. Akon) by Colby O'Donis
- Viva la Vida by Coldplay
- Shut Up and Let Me Go by The Ting Tings
- Chasing Pavements by ADELE
- Time to Pretend by MGMT
- You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
- Last Day of Your Life by Glass Pear
- Pot Kettle Black by Tilly and the Wall
- Beat Control by Tilly and the Wall
- Don't Let Me Fall by Lenka
- California Bound by Carolina Liar
- Wannamama by Pop Levi
- Whee Doggie Banjo by Billy Lee Cox
Cyn : "If you've got to do bumper-to-bumper, it's better in a Mercedes."
Cyn : "Go for it. We're still like a mile from JFK."
Anna : "No thanks. I think I had too much already."
Cyn : "Bullshit. It's New Year's Eve."
Anna : "Actually, it's the morning of the day of New Year's Eve."
Cynthia 'Cyn' Baltres : (to Anna) "Do you have any idea how bad life is going to suck without you?"
Anna : "I'm sure Scott will help you piss away the time. I meant 'pass.' Pass away the time."
- The show's beginning date took place, chronologically, after it was aired. The show aired in Canada on September 30, 2008 and aired in the US on October 1, 2008. The show starts on Wednesday October 1, 2008 and ends on Monday June 1, 2009, thus all dates in the Pilot fall after their air date.
- This episode was put up for a free download on iTunes on October 1, 2008. The mass amount of downloaders encouraged to CW to keep the show.
- The pilot had about 3.65 million viewers.